Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom Has The Photo Evidence, Better Eat Up!

The other morning I made my daughter a bare bones bento. By bare bones, I mean thank goodness for canned mandarin oranges and peanut butter sandwiches. I hadn't been grocery shopping for the week yet, so I had to fall back on pantry staples. It's my goal to pack a nutritious lunch everyday with fresh fruits and vegetables, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Below you will see, just a half peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Some mandarin oranges are hiding under the piece of wax paper I slip over the wet items in the bento to protect them from getting the crackers wet. Also filling the reusable silicone cupcake cups are some vintage cheddar cheese and Annie's graham bunnies. Just like a nice mom, I put one girl scout cookie, broken in half to make it fit.
When my daughter got home, I noticed she only had a few bites of her sandwich. I couldn't remember if I made her a half or a whole. I inquired if she had a half or whole, but said it slipped her memory (do I see a pattern here). Well, lucky for us I just happen to have the photo evidence from that morning.

Beware children of bento bloggers, we no longer have to rely on our failing memory we have proof! Eat up kids, it's the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!