Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Are You Serving A Happy Lunch?

When I started packing bentos for my daughter, I was always surprised by what I found when I opened her lunch box at the end of the day. As you can see in the photo above, she did a great job. Often I forget to take photos of the lunch when it returns from school, I think what comes back is just as important as what goes into a lunch. If you are continually seeing the same half of a sandwich returned uneaten, it may be time to switch things up.

What was in my daughter's lunch that she devoured?

Almond butter and jelly sandwich, cut into a bunny and flower. I used a couple of little pieces of strawberry to make an eye and smile on the bunny. The dot in the flour was a Smartie from the UK. On the side, fresh broccoli, strawberries, and some 365 (whole foods brand) cheese curls. For a treat, some Japanese chocolate biscuits.

I'm thinking this summer will be a great time to practice the "art" of bento. Honing in on my artistic skills and making lunches that are fun and whimsical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!