Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Tips: Quick & Easy Asian Stir Fry Dressing

Chinese food is a great doorbell dinner. It's here in a flash, but my theory is why order Chinese when you can make same thing at home in less time? I like to control the quality of ingredients in food that I consume, and in take out it's hard to do that. Unless you have a favorite restaurant and really trust their food (which I don't close by my home), it's better to just prepare yourself. I know there is no MSG in the food I am cooking fresh.

This recipe is delicious and I always have the ingredients on hand. Isn't the saying the secret is in the sauce? This sauce is so simple to prepare and is NOT full of a bunch of chemicals. My girls love this as well. I add it to my stir fry vegetables and serve with brown rice or organic soba noodles. The noodles cook in 4-6 minutes, so if I'm in a rush it's noodles, if I'm prepared it's rice.

Asian Dressing:

1/4 Cup- Soy sauce (we use Tamari)
2 Tbsp- Rice vinegar
1 Tbsp- Sesame oil
1 Tbsp- Canola oil
2 Tbsp- Water

Whisk together and set aside.

This is how the stir fry looks (yes, it's this easy):
  • Cook noodles or rice while preparing vegetables and protein.
  • In a frying pan saute meat of choice, tonight I prepared this with organic tempeh, I saute in canola oil, not even a full tablespoon.
  • Remove meat from pan to use pan to saute vegetables.
  • In a pinch I just grab a bag of Organic Chinese Stir Fry mix frozen, cook in the pan with a couple of tablespoons of WATER (healthy, no fat). I add baby spinach, edamame, garlic, ginger to spice things up.
  • Add cooked protein back into pan with vegetables.
  • Stir in Asian Dressing.
  • Serve with rice or noodles.
Voile your done.

Using soba noodles, a bag of frozen mix, this can be on the table in about 15 minutes tops. No delivery can guarantee that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!