Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yard Sale, Was This MY Brilliant Idea?

First it was talks of moving. Then the natural progression was to start preparing the house. I decided before we could start painting trim, doors, touching up, and staging this place we needed to purge. I started to attack the closets, cabinets, and dressers.

The result...That is my dining room. It's the full on staging area for our yard sale. Honestly this is only stuff my girls have outgrown! I could open a boutique with baby girls clothes sized to 2T! Those Lowe's boxes are all full of toddler toys or toys the girls have decided to give up. The two black trash bags near the french doors, are full of cast off stuffed animals! Oh my goodness gracious. I am happy to embrace letting all this stuff go, so we can start fresh with our new home. Although the new home seems so far away in my mind.

Last weekend I indulged in one of these after lots of house purging labor and I'm thinking next Sunday I will be as well. Fingers crossed, our Saturday sale will be a smashing success!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That going to be a great sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much luck to you on your yard sale! Yes, definitely go out and relax afterwards. Those margaritas looked delicious! - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! I hope you make some good cash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it goes well! Looks like lots of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my, my family room looks like that too...we are having ours next weekend!! and I want to get that same treat as well!! guac and margaritas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL--you're right. I LOVE the Huggies boxes. That shot could have been taken in my living room. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!