Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Deal Breaker...

I believe it's the French Silk Pie that's digesting in my stomach, which is allowing me a moment to just relax. I'm lazing in my bed, the girls are asleep, and my husband is off schmoozing at a preview screening of this year's completed film. There are so many things I should be doing, but most simply put, I'm not...

In this moment I realize I naively decided to put a for sale sign up in my yard just last month. We decided it was time and of course told ourselves, it will all work out. I know in my heart it will, but in this very moment things are a bit up in the air for us. Our home sale is going through in October, but the house we were under contract on fell through.

Today we walked...

It's very odd to say, we walked on a house that we had mentally moved ourselves into. I was eyeing a new sofa for the living room, we had dinner in the neighborhood brewpup, the girls and I would drive by daily after school pickup, friends came and checked out the house with us, Sj put dibs on her room, we had grandiose plans for a party deck on the oversized garage in the backyard that had gorgeous mountain views, my parent's decided that within a couple of years we'd turn that space into an apartment for them. The schools were perfect, the location was great, and we walked.

There's deal breakers for every situation and we encountered one.

So now we move on. Chin up and embracing the old mantra, it wasn't meant to be, everything happens for a reason. What else can you tell yourself? Oh and universe hear my gentle whispers, send me that kick ass house I've been hoping would magically appear. If I can ask for a little favor, have it be empty because closing in a month would just make my life simply wonderful.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I am so sorry this happened! I am hoping an even better house becomes THE house for your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know how hard that is! But I know you will find something that you love even more!! Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope that your house finds you very soon. We actually have looked at two lately. We walked on one last week, and just decided to withdraw our bid on the one this week. Much discussion etc and we think we are perhaps not quite ready for this yet. I hope you find what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll find somewhere soon i am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bummed for you about that house.

    Hope you found another one and will love it just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. Perhaps everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so, so sorry :( Big hugs. Something will turn up; it has to. Stay positive!- Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So disappointing! Of course you'll find something else that you love just as much (if not more), but that doesn't change the fact that you thought THIS was it. So sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's disappointing. But this is such a buyer's market, as they say, so hopefully you'll find a new one, soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!