Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hello Blogosphere, It's Me Denise...

I received an email today from a bloggy-friend asking me what in the world was up, where have I been, and more importantly am I okay?

Yes, I am doing just fine. The last few weeks have been a surreal whirlwind experience. My house went under contract this week, followed by a mad search to find a new home. The first night after the we sealed the deal, I got absolutely no sleep. My mind raced all night wondering where in the world we were going to live come October! Now the excitement has settled down a bit and we've come to realize that everything will work out just fine. Please tell me it will work out, right? We aren't under contract yet on the house we like, but we shall know by tomorrow.

To top off the fun of house showings in 45 minutes, PTA meetings, and school functions, my husband was out of town for two weeks. Luckily the technology exists now where you can electronically sign documents, so getting out counter proposals were a snap with us being in different locations. I am even more grateful for the last minute arrival of my parents to come help me out during J's business trip. I think I would be a weepy puddle on the floor tonight if they weren't here for 10 days.

The best part of this entire process, is imagining the possibilities. Talking about the future, riding by the house we hope to soon call home from school and relishing in the fact that it was only a 5 minute drive. We currently live 2 towns away from school and our commute is something I've never complained about because we love our daughter's school, but living 1/2 mile away is like sweet buttercream icing on the cake.

Speaking of cake, I'm off to enjoy a Sprinkles Cupcake my wonderful husband was kind enough to bring home from Beverly Hills for me. It's a tradition that makes his return much sweeter.


5 comments:

  1. Awww what a guy! And HURRAH for selling your house so quickly - that's a miracle in this market. My fingers are crossed for you to get the house you want. You better update us PRONTO when you get the news! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a crazy couple weeks for you!

    so glad that things are working out and that J is home. Enjoy your cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so excited for you, think of the time your family will save not commuting that distance. Text me and let me know if you get the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool. May all go perfectly with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm..cupcakes sound lovely. I am following you now. Connie keeps talking about you so I figured I should check you out. How tall are you? I'm six feet. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!