Sunday, October 3, 2010

Six Layer Rainbow Cake with Mario!

This morning I woke at 6:30 and began to construct a cake. Well, not just any cake, but a six layer rainbow cake. I made enough batter for two cakes, simply put 1.5 cups of batter into a smaller bowl, colored it individually, and baked (for less time, win win). Technically the layers were not full size, but the cake was still grandiose.

My now 7 year old requested sky blue icing and while I was at it, I decided to add some clouds by keeping some homemade frosting aside before coloring it blue. The cake was fun and whimsical so we added Mario. My favorite part about this particular cake was that the rainbow cake on the inside was a surprise!

This is how it looks now. Apparently it was a hit!

8 comments:

  1. I love the rainbow cake - some ambitious day I am going to do this too. Your turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that cake! I'll have to make one sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex says oh wow that is probably sooo good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG it looks delish! And gorgeous! so did you have to buy 6 small cake pans at a specialty shop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so great! And how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always!!! Happy 7th to Sj. We think of her every year :) - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on! WAY TO GO! So beautiful! Looks SO yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!