Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Carrot Seed Recreated in One Drawing

Yesterday my 3 year old was busy drawing at the kitchen table. She holds up the picture and begins to explain what she drew. I loved it, so I thought I would share it, deconstructed a little to better see the components of it. As always, you can click on the photo to enlarge it.

The original drawing.

Planting of the seeds, complete with sign.

Then, one day a carrot came up

just as the little boy had known it would.

The end.


  1. Awesome job - I love her interpretation! :)

  2. wow - that is some great drawing from a 3 year old.

  3. I think that's pretty impressive. My five year old doesn't even draw that well. The carrot sign especially. Plus it's super cute.

  4. I love this. The Carrot Seed is my favorite children's book, which I'd forgotten until this very moment.

    Please thank your daughter for the reminder.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!