Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Not Starting Over, It's Returning Home...

It's hard for me to believe, but we've been back in Boulder for three weeks already! One morning I was brushing my teeth, about to head out to meet a friend when this thought entered my mind:
It's not starting over, it's returning home.
When we first decided to move back to Boulder, part of the process for me was thinking about leaving the place we considered home for eight years. Did I really want to give up all we created just for the location? I would think to myself, are we REALLY doing this? Then BAM! It happened in a flash, house on market, house sold, move cities.

Since the move, I have felt incredibly grounded and content. It's so wonderful to be back in the place that lured us to Colorado 16 years ago. There has been so much change around town, but it's delicately balanced by so many things that are the same. That familiarity has made me realize that our decision to move back to Boulder (or "town" as I casually say) was one of the best decisions we've made.

It feels damn good to be back. Now in just two short weeks, we'll be in our new home and I can nest away like nobody's business. I'm beyond delighted. The holidays are going to be incredibly special for us this year.


  1. This post makes me feel happy. I'm so glad. It's a wonderful thing to feel at home and content where you are.

  2. YAY! I am so glad this feels so RIGHT!

  3. Oh no, Anna stole my comment! I'll say it anyway: YAY!!!! So glad you feel you made the right choice! Am soooo jealous of your view!

  4. YES! Returning home. That's exactly what you're doing!

  5. So glad you found a place for a Boulder return. After today, I think I need to do the same.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!