Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 in One Word: Opportunity

Prompt: Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word.

Opportunity

Circumstances that make it possible to do something is opportunity.

January started off with an amazing opportunity to take a trip to London with friends. That trip became a source of inspiration for many things that unfolded through out the rest of the year. One of the major things that was inspired by my trip to London, was selling our home. Three days back in the States and the seed was planted, I discussed with J my desire to move and it all unfolded. Selling and buying a home became one big series of opportunities. I would be kidding myself if I didn't admit, the home selling process was also an opportunity to know true exhaustion. With out testing the limits of my spirit, I'd never know what was possible.

In my personal life, this past year I really invited and embraced the opportunity to network and build relationships that took me beyond my small circle and comfort zone. Culminating that openness was a trip to San Francisco I had with a group of truly inspiring women. I also made a great effort to become more active, logging the most miles running, hiking, and hours in yoga class than I have in the past few years. I'm not quite at a place of harmony with my fitness, but I am certainly closer to where I want to be.

I feel it's important to recognize that every day we are presented with opportunities to embrace or turn down (and I also recognize there is a grey area in which some opportunities are not that cut and dry). I want to embrace the opportunity to become a better person, to continually learn, to remain a role model and inspiration to my daughters, to become a better friend and wife, to make a difference.

Lastly, a word that I would like to capture 2011 for me, content.

---------------------------------
This post was written as part of the Reverb #10 project, more information here or check out what people are saying right now on twitter.

7 comments:

  1. Great word! And you surely embraced it to the fullest. My word for 2010 was Be which is fairly close to Content. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had some great opportunities! I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post & good points! It's all in how you want to look at things and how open you want to be to the possibilities. :-)

    (via #Reverb10)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely had lots of opportunity this year. I would say 2010 was a GREAT year for you. I hope 2011 is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, it sounds like you had a wonderful year! I think content sounds awesome, it's about just 'being' and that's also something I'm looking forward into the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of seeing the opportunities...its the choices we make every day, I wonder how many we miss because the opportunities come to us looking like work or a waste of time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please continue to share...love following you in your journey!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!