So after that was all said and done, battery charger found, battery charged, photos downloaded I haven't taken the time to write a post. Because of course, I'm thinking that's going to mean some time playing around on picnik creating little before/after photo collages, but I download photos onto my desktop computer which is in the family room and currently occupied by my husband and brother (not exactly conducive to writing). I am on a laptop in my bed, comfy and cozy, retreating away from it all.
For now, I shall spew a list of transformations and happenings that have occurred in the past few weeks in my absence.
Beyond house, life goes on....
- Moved plumbing and wiring for our washer and dryer in the laundry room.
- Put crown moulding up in our family room and three bedrooms.
- Retextured and finished the ceiling of our family room.
- All popcorn removed from the ceilings, which was done right before we moved in.
- Removed a built in counter/computer work area in our family room and added wainscoting to make the portion of the great room a dining room.
- Added a pantry closet, like BAM! hole in the wall and frame it, add sheetrock, tape, add shelving, door Voile!
- Removed linoleum in our bathroom and put down beautiful Italian marble.
- Painted both the girls bedrooms.
- New closet doors in Sj's bedroom.
- New cottage doors on my master bathroom (photos to follow, master is an understatement, stay tuned).
- Shelf created above washer/dryer in laundry room.
- Shelving put in our huge walk in cedar storage closet off guest bedroom.
- Garage door opener installed (with the cool keypunch entry).
- Architectural detail added to front of house 3 beams, railings, and balusters.
- Added new kitchen light fixture.
- Put down stick 'em linoleum squares in kitchen over old flooring until we do a real remodel in the future.
- I'm sure I'm forgetting something...
Beyond house, life goes on....
- We moved into our new home, closing the chapter on house hunting, selling, and apartment life.
- My brother flew out from NY to help us get work done on our house, he's still here due to blizzards and shut down JFK, his days in Colorado have passed 3 weeks.
- I turned 37!
- Plenty of hiking, our new neighborhood is just blocks from amazing trails. I did 8 miles on Christmas Day! The weather has been incredibly mild, like in the 50's-60's, which I have enjoyed but now it's making me a bit nervous.
- My youngest turned 4 the day we moved (and she had a grocery store cake!).
- Enjoying just hopping the fence to visit with friends (which are also neighbors) that have kids for the girls to play with!
- Holiday parties (including one with Latkes and one with Bushmills).
- A wedding!
- A case of strep throat (not for me).
- A massage (had a house guest that is a massage therapist).
- Shopping and more trips to Home Depot than I care to admit.
- Learning more about replacing a toilet than I ever wished to know.
- Holiday decorating around the house, by far most fun for me.
- Blogging event at my favorite place, Celestial Seasonings.
- A few nights out on the town with my brother.
- Gifting of a Wii to a friend as a surprise!
- Unpacking of about 50 boxes, organizing closets, kitchen, pantry, clothes, while maintaining day to day daily life and chores.
- Lounging, relaxing, and enjoying family time (it's J's downtime of the year).
- Baking chocolate peppermint cookies.
- Walking Sj home from school or bike rides! Woohoo!
Most importantly, feeling incredibly blessed to be onto this chapter of our journey. Our move has left me feeling content and grateful. We LOVE being back in Boulder.