Thursday, January 6, 2011

200 Hikes: Day 1

Yesterday I mentioned I wanted to hike 200 times in 2011. Today I got started. It was cold, windy, and the trail was snowy (hello January), but as far as I'm concerned proper layering, a good hat, some gloves, and careful footing make for great hiking in any weather. Oh and maybe I slept through my alarm, but still managed to use the 45 minutes my husband spared me while he was getting ready for work.

I could've made plenty of excuses this morning, but instead I just hit the trail.

Join me on twitter using #hike2011 anytime you hit the trail this year!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We love to hike, too, and like to make Sundays our hiking days..our own version of church ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat goal! I can't wait to read more about your hikes and the different places you go. The fiance and I want to do some hiking this year too, there are some really neat trails nearby us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! AND by that I mean COLD! Way to go hiking in January!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!