Saturday, January 29, 2011

200 Hikes: Day 6, In Good Company

Today I had the best company on my hike, my girls. Lovely sunshine and even a few comments by fellow hikers on what a great job they were doing, far out on a trail. While I typically hike solo or with friends, I enjoy exposing them to one of my favorite outdoor activities.

On the way down, I wondered when we'd do our first 14'er* together?!? Joking, kind of.

--------
*14'er is commonly referred to a hike on a mountain that is at least 14,000 feet above sea level. Colorado is home to just over 50 14'ers. Wow!


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. We tried to take a walk (hike would be a bit ambitious) every day all fall and I've forgotten in my winter slump.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!