Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Proud Parenting Moment, Brought To You By Scooby Doo!

Last week I was trying to get GL's attention and I was in my bedroom so she couldn't hear me calling her. I decided to use the intercom on our new cordless phones and boy did I get her attention fast! She was thrilled and couldn't wait for me to teach her how to use it. Then of course we spent the next twenty minutes talking to each other with her just the next room over.

At one point she busted out this quote over the intercom, "When dawn breaks on the summer solstice, the steeple will point the way". I was very impressed! I asked her where it came from and she told me, I don't know. I even googled it to see if it was from a famous poem that maybe was read to her at school. It didn't turn up any results. Then I began to consider that maybe it just came from her brilliant mind. Below is my update from Twitter, sharing with others my daughter's enlightening quote.


Fast forward to this morning. I am in the kitchen making french toast for breakfast. I turned to the sink and glanced in on the girls in the family room. They were watching Scooby Doo on Netflix, when I heard Velma say the exact famous quote in question. Oh my goodness, the brilliant quote from my daughter came from SCOOBY DOO! Oh life, you certain are full of surprises. Boy, do I feel silly especially paying all that money for preschool when clearly cartoons inspire brilliance.

-------

6 comments:

  1. She remembered that quote - at 4?? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! All of my kids' best material comes from TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that velma is one smart gal, as is your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. This could absolutely happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Mr. E likes to quote TV too.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!