Sunday, March 27, 2011

200 Hikes Day 13: Griffith Park, Los Angeles, California

Back in January I joked with an old friend that lives in Los Angeles that I WILL hike with her for one of my 200 Hikes in 2011. To my delight and surprise, I made that happen in one of the least expected places, Los Angeles. The day after we arrived, we hit the beach and after much shell hunting,  headed east to Griffith Park. There's an amazing observatory and a beautiful series of snaking trails that all have the famous Hollywood sign in the background. The views are breathtaking from the top.

The whole family joined in the adventure, my friend L's man, and her sweetie poodle Georgia Brown (a must have Los Angeles family member). I am happy to report, everyone did fabulously! May I add, hiking at sea level is such a treat.

Now, I have this photo to remember the day, certainly frame worthy:

2 comments:

  1. I love Griffith Observatory. I went there a lot when I was younger. I love this photo! You look so pretty and happy :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!