Thursday, March 3, 2011

200 Hikes Day 9 I Return To Identify The Pricker Culprit & Day 10 Tanktop Hike In March


The first free day I had, after the annoying pricker in my bottom incident, I returned to the trail to identify the culprit. I believe it's some form of Prickly Pear Cactus. Rumor has it, they make good jam. I'm sure I'd feel much satisfaction putting that puppy into a Cuisinart and hitting pulse for like 5 minutes. I've also learned they have those nasty pokey spines because they are full of water and that's how they protect themselves from being eaten. But once again, I have Wusthof knives and a Cuisinart. Bwahaha. 
No cacti were harmed in the writing of this post. 



One of the downfalls of warm weather in February or March is that it typically comes with strong winds. For some reason when I hit the trail, it was a sweet spot in the afternoon and the sun was intensely shining, the wind dramatically decreased. I had to hike in my tank top because I was sweating on the trail in my long sleeve t-shirt. For some odd reason I felt compelled to trail run the way back down halfway through my hike. It was delightful, I hadn't run in quite sometime. 
I like running, I miss it. 
Running on the trail is even sweeter. 

3 comments:

  1. That dang pear thingy!!

    Love tank weather in March!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture is so awesome. And running outside, in a tank top? I am dreaming of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look up nopales (nopalitos) recipes. Very good. I think they taste a bit like asparagus and they are very good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!