Monday, March 7, 2011

Maybe If I Write It Down...To Do List or Is It To Try List? (and haircut update)

Most nights before bed, I remind myself tomorrow is a new day. Seize the day! Sometimes my follow through is fabulous and other times, I don't quite accomplish what I had hoped to, so it's tomorrow is a new day (aka I'm disappointed in myself). Mainly I'm referring about my to-do list or personal goals, like hiking or eating healthy.

Today I thought, maybe if I write it down, I'll have a better chance at follow through. So here's a list of thoughts swirling through my head, things I believe will make me feel more accomplished, when I lay my head on the pillow at night.


  • House, picked up, dishes done, laundry put away, toilets scrubbed, beds made. Immaculate, no. Harmony, yes. Baby steps. 
  • Internet, time limits. Do I need to say more? I've got until 9am, then it's focus around the house time. FB to get my attention only once per day. Laptop, out of sight out of mind? iPhone, well that's a completely different animal. 
  • For some reason, I've decided to give up dairy this week. I don't know why. Sometimes I feel like dairy brings my energy levels down. Also keeping an eye on sugar consumption and carbs. Bring it on fruit and vegetables. I will still be eating meat, so I wouldn't say I'm going vegan. I worry too much about filling my diet with meat substitutes which are full of a bunch of processed crap. I'd rather have lean organic chicken breast, pure and natural. 
  • Possibly painting the laundry room?
  • Organize guest room, I have guests coming next week! Yeah GUESTS coming!
  • Yoga, I've been longing to bust out the yoga dvd's I have. No excuses, just need to take the time. 
  • Play, laugh, and be silly with GL (she's home with me today). 
  • Do my best, know what I want to accomplish and work towards it. It's not perfection, it's effort. 
  • Pick up tax forms, it's tax time! Library!
  • A few bills, bank trip with GS money, post office.
  • Plan dinner menu for week and shop for it. (That's one I really strive for)


I'm curious if writing this down will make any difference in what I truly accomplish.

---------

In completely unrelated news, here's a photo of me with my new haircut and color (which has more dimension than you can see in the photo). It's the best I could do considering I seem to hate every photo of me I've tried to take in the past few weeks. Thanks to instagram, the awful case of acne I have on my chin is not visible. Oh and it's just not possible for me to have Hollywood hair, which I am fine with.

10 comments:

  1. I am limiting dairy now, too. Not completely gutting it out (hello butter, Greek yogurt, and parmesan cheese!), but limiting. Family member has a dairy allergy, and I know I feel funky after too much cheese or milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair...it looks even better in person!

    Great list! I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new haircut!! That is a great list. I have lists too, all of the time. I try to just accomplish 2 big things a day in addition to my regular activities. That way I don't feel so overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your hair! SO much better than any of the "Hollywood Hair!" If you accomplish all the stuff on that list today, I am SO impressed! I am frequently making lists, only to find that I get more upset with myself when I don't accomplish much. (I swear, there are NOT enough hours in a day!) I try to focus on what I DO accomplish & constantly remind myself that tomorrow I will accomplish something else. *OM* (Hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair - that's a great photo! And menu planning may seem like a pain at the beginning but it gets easier and I just LOVE it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great! I haven't made a to do list in a while and things are definitely falling through the cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so good in that picture - love your hair! :) I need to write lists, too. That's not to say things always get accomplished, but I do write down what needs to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new 'do! And I'm sure it looks even better in person. It's hard to capture color in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the hair (and the dress)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now is this the done list, or the to do list for tomorrow? I too am feeling so completely overwhelmed... I've just given up on the clean house. I like the idea of making a "done" list!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!