Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh How I Love Traveling...

The act of traveling I don't quite love, the sweaty palms on airplanes, the inability to pay attention on long car rides, and the packing. Sigh, I always forget something. I just had a dream the other night that I went on a trip with my girls and we arrived with no luggage at the airport, so I raced back home to pack because I had one hour before my flight left. Which makes entirely no sense. I'm not quite sure how to interpret that one. 

I will actually be traveling twice in the next few weeks. A family trip and a solo trip, with both of my destinations being on the west coast. Seattle and Los Angeles, here I come. 

After deciding to sell our house last year, our summer was instantly consumed by preparing our house for the market. Then when Fall arrived, we were packing, moving, and settling into our new home. There wasn't much time for a leisurely escape when so much change was happening. We often talk about how we missed not going on vacation last year. Moving was certainly a trade off. Now that we've been in our new home for a few months and settled back into the city we love, the timing is perfect for a little getaway. 

I am going to soak up the family time and embrace a few days to myself. I'll be around here and there, but definitely be back into the swing of things come April. 

3 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time on your trip!! I look forward to hearing about your solo trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only part I hate about traveling is the being in the air part. Seems that no matter how many times I've been on a plane, I am just as scared as the time before. It was the worst for me last year, when I took my first flight without my children, to go to NYC for Blogher. Thankfully, it was a short flight. This year, for San Diego, I'm kind of totally freaking out!
    I hope you have fun! The plus side of travel without kids is it's so much more relaxing - the packing, the airport waits, etc. At least when the kids are really young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in Seattle too. I saw your name on the twitter handle list. Can't wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!