Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wheel Squeak, Water Swoosh, Sword Clank, Hum... Can't Escape The Noises

Believe it or not, we are on the cusp of six months in our home and I still haven't grown accustomed to some of the noises our place makes. I am completely embarrassed to admit the other day I was sitting on the couch and jumped up to look out the window because I thought I heard the garage door open. For a moment my mind led me to believe my husband was surprising me and calling it a day mid-afternoon. Turns out, what I heard was the washing machine. Maybe that's some insight as to how much laundry I've been doing lately.

And tonight...

The dishwasher is boldly swishing away,
the air purifier is white noisily keeping my girls in a gentle lull,
sword fighting is piercing from the family room (movie),
crashes of ice falling from the maker into it's bin in the freezer,
our hamster is doing her aerobic work out on that darn squeaky wheel.

I wonder at what hour comes the peace and quiet?

Comments, closed.