Saturday, August 13, 2011

4 Years Later: Gratitude

Magnolia Bakery Cupcakes, NYC

Four years ago today, I hit publish and this blog was born. It was probably one of the only times I was so scared and nervous, I had no idea what I was doing, nor did I know what exactly I was in for. I naively picked a whimsical name for this space, I admit I love the way it sounded and there was an available gmail account. I wonder how many blogs were born out of the availability of the corresponding gmail account. Laugh. Four years later and the three words Eat Play Love absolutely define my online identity. Realistically speaking, if I could have a do over,  I wouldn't change a thing. I embrace the beauty of those three words and how they make my life so much better.

This blog has brought so much goodness into my life in the past four years. 

I don't think it's possible to count the number of real life connections I have because of Eat Play Love. Drinks, dinners, potlucks, cupcakes, breakfast in San Francisco, fancy shindigs to casually grabbing a cup of tea, laughter over a sandwich, VIP, hot lovely bowls of Pho, meetups, events, traveling, private dinners, special opportunities. I'm not quite sure when my "online friends" became my in real life friends because really the connections are strong and it doesn't matter to me if we have yet to meet face to face. You are my friends. Some of you I see almost weekly these days. There are things like a text to encourage me to work out, a phone call to wish me a happy birthday, a Sunday morning at IKEA in Utah, or a random meeting on a street of the West Village in NYC. My mind has no delineation between in real life and online. The warmth and caring, the goodness and laughter, have no boundaries.

All because of Eat Play Love.

If you regularly read this blog (hi mom, if it's the day you check your email), thank you. My life has expanded to lengths greater than I could have ever dreamt because of you, this space, my willingness to hit publish. I hope you stay around a bit longer because there's always room in my life for more goodness.

For my blogiversary all that goodness is wrapped in a bow that simply says, Gratitude.

---------------

13 comments:

  1. I'm a week behind you and it seems like yesterday. Congratulations and keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many more Pho King good times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. We started at the same time, wish I could be one that you've hooked up with in person. Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thrilled to call you my friend! Meeting up with you in Utah is one of my favorite memories of that place...and now I get to live 30 miles away from you.

    I adore our love of Pho King Letterboxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this ... especially this: "the connections are strong and it doesn't matter to me if we have yet to meet face to face. You are my friends."
    yes. exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I'm so glad to call you my friend, and without your blogging we might never have met, which would truly have been a tragedy. Congratulations on four years of Eat Play Love, and here's to another 44 at least! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you, your blog and fabulous friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad we connected online, and then further in person. You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. Always look forward to reading your blog so we can keep up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for blogging for four years! I love your blog. Here's to many more awesome years. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your four years of blogging and goodness! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am proud to call you my friend and I've enjoyed how much your blog has grown. Thank YOU for inspiring me to the world of blogging again. Congrats and sending lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete