Sunday, September 11, 2011

America

America,
all eyes on America, 
strong, brave, dreamers, 
we became one, all scarred by a deep crack that was unwarranted. 

America, 
the world's beacon of freedom, 
which affords me uncensored opportunity to share whatever it is I need to say, 
every year we move forward, we may look deeper into our neighbor's eyes or more suspiciously. 

America, 
the place where I always teeter in the reality of before and after, 
but a place where my girls know no differently, 
I can't quite comprehend a global win vs. lose, but I do know loss. 

America, 
I'll always be a Yankee, no matter how many years I call Colorado my home,
Oceans, mountains, prairies, cities, farms, desert, south, north, west, east,
The best place on earth, I'm proud to be an American. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. especially these:

    "we became one, all scarred by a deep crack that was unwarranted."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my comment is here. It says it is, but I got an error message.

    Anyway, again, beautiful words. Esp. these:

    "we became one, all scarred by a deep crack that was unwarranted."

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!