Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where To Buy Bentos in Los Angeles [w/ Photos]

There's a great little section of Sawtelle Boulevard in West Los Angeles that is referred to as Little Osaka. While you may find yourself wandering around a number of shops in the area, including a great grocery store, I wanted to share the best spot for bento supplies I found.

Tokyo Japanese Outlet is like a dollar store, it's stuffed with all sorts of unique goodies like skin care products, stuffed animals, stationary goods, bento supplies, and many household items. You can see what some folks on YELP enjoy about this particular location. The bento boxes they carry are very plain, but super affordable (average $5 or less). I didn't pick up any bentos, but rather some accessories such as rice molds and small hand towels.

Tokyo Japanese Outlet

West Los Angeles, Sawtelle Center 
2109 Sawtelle Blvd. Los Angeles, CA
Tel: 310-914-5320

Hours of Operation:
Sun-Th 10:00-23:00
Fri & Sat 10:00-24:00


  1. This is a very nice store! Thanks for sharing, will surely check it out:-)

  2. I"m going to Huntington Beach in May!

    I'm going to see if I can convinced my travel companions to visit this shop!

  3. Brooke H - @beh79March 28, 2012 at 3:05 AM

    Thanks for your blog!! Jo White told me about you because I'm struggling with lunch options for my son. I bought some of the bento vegetable cutters and he just ate cucumber... Which is unheard of. Thanks!!!


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!