Thursday, December 22, 2011

Easy and Unique Knit Scarf, Farrow Rib Scarf

My husband returned from Norway with some beautiful Dale wool yarn for me. He purchased two skeins of the exact same yarn, but different colors. Since one skein did not work for a scarf, I decided to create a striped farrow rib scarf. Even though I have been knitting for gifts, considering the source of the yarn (a gift to me from Norway), I've decided to add this one to my personal collection.

 I think it turned out lovely.

Chunky wool yarn
Clover Takumi Bamboo needles size 10

Cast on multiple of 3 (15 shown above)

Row 1: slip 1st stitch purl wise, k1, p1, *k2, p1* across

Rows 2 through infinity: repeat row 1.

For stripes, I switched colors once 10 rows were completed. 


  1. It sure did. That's on my list things to start doing again in the next couple of years - when our kids are a tad bigger. Knitting!!

  2. What a coincidence...I was browsing the web looking for an easy scarf pattern to knit my son's girlfriend a scarf. She's returning home to where? Norway! Hmmm... maybe I should have her send me some Dale wool yarn. Your scarf come out lovely. Wear it in good health.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!