Thursday, December 29, 2011

Unique Knit Cotton Scarf: Raspberry Stitch

I've decided to add a record of some of my knitting projects here, so I can use the posts as a resource for future projects. I started knitting when Sj was a baby and I know the very basics. I'm really good at scarves, blankets, and cotton washcloths aka anything square or rectangle. I have been known to knit a hat or two as well, but not very often.

I love the raspberry stitch because it's unique and fairly easy to knit once you get into a rhythm. I always use natural materials such as cotton or wool. This is a Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton scarf, I made for a gift. I decided to keep it narrow because it makes for easy wear and also versatile for many seasons, not just winter.

Clover Takumi Size 5 needles
1 full skein of green, 1 partial blue, 1 partial green

The pattern takes 4 stitches to complete, so you can determine the width you would like, you must add 2 stitches for the knit stitch that starts and ends a row.


Cast on 18 stitches
Row 1: K1, P next 16, end K1
Row 2: K1, K1P1K1 (on same stitch), P3 together, repeat to end K1
Row 3: K1, P next 16, end K1
Row 4: K1, P3 together, K1P1K1 (on same stitch), repeat to end K1

Repeat

YouTube tutorial below, as well as other photos...





1 comment:

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!