Friday, January 6, 2012

[Food Friday] Boulder's Best Cake Spot: Kim and Jake's Cakes

I truly love baking cakes for special occasions, but for my own birthday I leave the cake making up to my husband. Over the past year and a half, we've become loyal fans of Kim and Jake's Cakes because they are always whipping up something special.

Of course you will find classics on their menu such as Lemon, Red Velvet, Coconut, Vanilla and Chocolate. I'm also delighted by their Specialty cakes like Strawberry Margarita, Vindalicious, or Nut Brown Ale! This year I was invited to their Holiday Menu tasting and oh my goodness, let's just say the Egg Nog or the Cafe Brulot did not disappoint!

Why is Kim and Jake's my favorite go to Bake Shoppe in Boulder?

They are always accommodating, do you have dietary restrictions or allergies such as gluten free or vegan, no problem! I will admit, there's been last minute phone calls to Kim and they have always come through for us, they are super gracious in that way. I love the new and creative cakes Jake is constantly developing. Even though their classic cakes are delicious, the specialty cakes and seasonal menus open the doors to a world of possibility. I love that their baking inspiration is always evolving and I have been floored by the brilliant spice combinations Jake whips up. But by far my favorite reason for returning to Kim and Jake's time and time again is because they are incredibly friendly and always have a smile on their face. Our girls love all the special attention they get, every time we stop by. The love for what they do is contagious and it keeps us coming back.

If you decide to pop in for a visit, they always have a variety of cakes available, including cupcakes in the case. You can also find their cakes at a variety of local Whole Foods Markets. If you are looking for something specific, I suggest calling 48 hours in advance to guarantee what you want. Better yet, if you don't see what you are looking for on the menu, simply give them a call you will be surprised at what they can create for you.

This is just a little snippet of cakes that I've enjoyed. Please visit their Facebook page and website below to see the endless possibilities. I've been in awe of their beautiful creations, beyond the taste! 

Kim and Jake's Cakes
641 S. Broadway 
Boulder, CO 80305
(located in South Boulder near Neptune's Mountaineering on the East side of the shopping center)

303-499-9126


Shoppe Hours:
Tuesday - Friday: 10-6
Saturday: 10-3
Sunday/Monday: Closed

Kim and Jake's Cakes Website
Facebook (you'll find lots of great photos there)
Twitter

---------------
Disclaimer: We are customers of Kim and Jake's, this is not a sponsored post!

3 comments:

  1. The cakes look delicious. Will need to meet up there some time soon to sample cake and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...cake! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words about Kim & Jakes Cakes. They baked a cake for my cousin's Bar Mitzvah and the vanilla butter cream frosting was amazing.

    We can't wait for you to come to the next menu change coming in the Spring, Denise. Stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!