Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Surreal Moment

When you look at a map being played over and over again on the news and realize, your house is in the middle of a preliminary evacuation zone, that's surreal. Tomorrow shall give some insight as to how the Flagstaff Fire is going to go, grow or containment. My thoughts are focused on containment, as I watch micro fires cresting a ridge just miles from my house.

Quickly I look around and stuff becomes stuff, my energy is focused on my family's safety.


  1. Fingers crossed Denise. You're so right getting your family safe is number one everything else can be replaced. Stay safe and hoping things get put out quickly by the tanker today.

  2. Thinking of you hon. Watching news streaming online. We used to live in that pre-evac area; our old church is there. My heart is breaking for everyone in Colorado right now.

  3. While I've been somewhat preoccupied with the day at the hospital yesterday - I have been following your tweets! So many people in danger...losing their homes... It's awful. You are in my thoughts!!

  4. The fire must be closer to containment now right? I haven't seen much about it on twitter anymore.

    So glad that you and your family are safe and that you did NOT have to leave your home.

    Love you!


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!