Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Colorado Bento is Back To School! Nana is in Town, Meatball Sandwich Bento

While school started a few weeks ago in Colorado, lunch making duty has been in Josh's hands. Today he's off on a trip, so it was time to brush off my bento making skills and prepare two lunches this morning. Miss Sj requested a meatball sandwich in her lunch, I happily obliged. As  you will see below I put a piece of cheese in between the bread and meatball to create a barrier to prevent the bread from getting soggy. 


I loaded up her lunch with plenty of other fresh fruits and vegetables. We also are packing individual snacks for the girls this year, so I'm saving their snacks for a separate post. I'm always in search of snack ideas, so I hope to grow the snack label on Colorado Bento!


Meatball sandwich, left over meatball tucked in the same compartment, red peppers, cucumbers, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries on a little pick, cheddar bunnies, Mi-Del graham crackers, and an Italian Cookie (second hint Nana is in town from NY).

1 comment:

  1. I love how you put the blueberries on a pick! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!