Sunday, September 23, 2012

Glimpse of Pairs

The last few days have spilled into the night and even into the wee morning hours. There's been thermometers and charts of medicine dosages, times, and a well documented ebb and flow of body temperature, nasal sprays, inhalers, meds twice a day, every 4-6 hours, every 6-8 hours, grab a wash cloth for it's sinus rinse time. My girl has finally learned to take pills like an adult instead of drink mass quantities of liquid medicine. It doesn't sound so bad, but it's tiring. The reality is there have been lots of spikes and anxiety and no rest. 

But tonight I had this very simple moment to relax. 

I was walking down the hall when I was drawn to the picture window. I pulled the curtains back to see if my car windows were rolled up, but the silence just drew me in. I saw two still swings highlighted by the gentlest of moonlight, one scooter dumped by the curb and a second properly stowed on the porch, a single hula hoop, two soccer balls, and one soccer goal. My cozy vantage point, a striped chair had been turned upside down in an attempt to build a fort. 

Stopping to savor the stillness and calm in a simple glimpse of pairs, a true reflection of my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!