Friday, September 14, 2012

Sandwich Alternatives: Frozen Burrito Bento

I rarely purchase frozen burritos, but a great sale at the market on Evol Burritos (locally produced) caught my eye. I picked up a few as a sandwich alternative and because they are super filling! My 8 year old was so happy with this bento! 

The only downside of the frozen burrito is that we don't own a microwave. It takes a good 30 minutes to heat it up in the oven (and 1 minute in the microwave). One option I am going to try is to pull it out the night before and put it in the refrigerator, so it's not frozen solid in the morning.

This bento is new to us, it's a Zojirushi Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, which is insulated (as well as the bag that came with it) to keep the hot part hot and the cold fruit cold. Win, win, we love it! 

Grapes, yellow watermelon, organic corn chips, bean, cheese, and rice EVOL burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!