Monday, December 3, 2012

All Roads Point Within

Courage is recognizing one's weakness, but having the confidence to accomplish what you set your mind to. In the past few months I had so many days of facing situations that made me uncomfortable (example, walk in closet) that I finally drew the line. Enough was truly enough. I held onto to a thread of hope, a simple notion of how I wanted my home to feel. Wheels of motion set a plan of action into place and literally within moments I could feel the confidence to keep the momentum going. I'm still working towards creating a space that feels representative of our family, but I am no longer overwhelmed by how much I was disconnected to my space.

Which leads me, to me. 

I took for granted the routines I had set to help keep my body and mind in a good place, a place where I was content. I'm back to a darker place, a place full of negative thoughts, and a place where I am feeling defeated. Which means it is absolutely time to do the work. Time to establish my healthy routines again and start feeling better about putting on a pair of jeans. If I owned a scale, I would latch onto a number that I am sure would anger me. Instead, I'm just going to focus on how I want my jeans to slip over my hips with ease and how a belt instead of a roll of fat would be a great addition to my look. 

Shoes on, pavement your about to get pounded...

--

6 comments:

  1. You go, Girl! You know what you need and are stepping out to make it happen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, Denise! I too and desperately trying to fit into my favourite pair of jeans again... seriously, December is the worst time to diet, but I NEED TO. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best way out is always through. Keep going. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After you start exercising again, the eating will follow. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on for a buddy cleanse! Let's start January 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serendipity - just went shopping yesterday for the first time in a long time - it was dark indeed. Doughy...puffy...ugh! Remember how we felt after the detox last year? Wonder if there is a way to ease into that gently even during the holidaze? Small steps & best wishes from my Creative Oasis to yours - Jill

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!