As you will see, this recipe is very basic and simply delightful and a refreshing alternative to a flour based cake.
2 cups chocolate wafers crumbled finely
6 Tbsp butter, melted
3 pkgs of cream cheese
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3 Large eggs
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Note, my local grocery store does not carry Oreo crumbs, so I buy chocolate wafer cookies and break them up myself. I have used chocolate graham crackers in a pinch, but I do not prefer them over the wafers. Press into 10" spring form pan and 1" up sides. Freeze crust for 15-30 minutes while preparing filling.
Turn on oven, 225 oven rack in center.
1. Blend cream cheese and sugar, 3 minutes medium speed.
2. Reduce to low speed, add eggs, one at a time.
3. Scrape bowl sides.
4. Add whipping cream and vanilla, beat 3 minutes medium speed.
5. Pour 3/4 of the filling into the crust.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
7. Add remaining filling.
Bake 1 hour 15 minutes (225 degrees). Turn off oven, leave door closed 1-1.5 hours.
Refrigerate for 8 hours.