Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fabulously Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (no water bath)

Once upon a time this recipe was one of my favorite standbys for a special dessert occasion. I loved it because it was the only fool proof cheesecake recipe I found, after trying many, that didn't use a water bath. To me a water bath is just another thing for me to mess up. This recipe is so basic, I hope you find yourself turning to it more often than not. Before you know it, your friends and family will be requesting you bring dessert to the next gathering! 

As you will see, this recipe is very basic and simply delightful and a refreshing alternative to a flour based cake. 

Crust:
2 cups chocolate wafers crumbled finely
6 Tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
3 pkgs of cream cheese
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3 Large eggs
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Crust Preparation:
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Note, my local grocery store does not carry Oreo crumbs, so I buy chocolate wafer cookies and break them up myself. I have used chocolate graham crackers in a pinch, but I do not prefer them over the wafers. Press into 10" spring form pan and 1" up sides. Freeze crust for 15-30 minutes while preparing filling. 

Turn on oven, 225 oven rack in center. 

Filling Preparation:
1. Blend cream cheese and sugar, 3 minutes medium speed.
2. Reduce to low speed, add eggs, one at a time.
3. Scrape bowl sides.
4. Add whipping cream and vanilla, beat 3 minutes medium speed.
5. Pour 3/4 of the filling into the crust.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
7. Add remaining filling.

Bake 1 hour 15 minutes (225 degrees). Turn off oven, leave door closed 1-1.5 hours. 

Refrigerate for 8 hours. 

Enjoy! 


1 comment:

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!