Monday, April 8, 2013

A Recap of All The Mundane Things You Haven't Missed In The Past Month...

Did you ever play Don't Break The Ice as a child? I remember sitting at the far end of our wooden laminate kitchen table simply observing my three older brothers all hunched over the brightly colored plastic game. During the action they would hoot and holler, elbows were thrown, all in attempt to keep the little red man safe in the plastic ring, trying most to avoid falling through the ice. I most fondly remember pulling the game out of the closet when my big brothers were off to school. I'd carefully set up the white chunky ice blocks and have at it, all on my own, imagining I would be the reigning family champion!


That story has nothing to do with what I wanted to post about, but it just came out. There may have been an appropriate segue, but that was fleeting obviously. I've been questioned lately about my presence or lack of presence here and while I wish there was a simple answer, but there isn't. My blog has suffered because my laptop's logic board failed back in January. It was a hand me down laptop, older and failing in many ways. The bottom line it wasn't worth the $400 to put into it to bring it back, I feared the occasional sticking space key would permanently start to fail, whichwouldleadtomywritinglookinglikethis, or many other maladies would consume 5 year old macbook. Even though the laptop was a bonus computer to me, we have another family computer that stays on a desk at the opposite end of our great room. What I didn't anticipate was the mental crevasse that exists between me and a walk across the room to my desk.

Don't fret, here's a recap of the last 6 weeks:
My laptop died.
My brother and his baby, I mean chocolate lab, came to visit for 5 weeks.
We started to majorly overhaul my backyard, pass the advil.
My parents came to visit for a week.
My husband was working Iceland for almost two weeks.
Spring Break!
A huge spur of the moment, whirlwind, family trip to Seattle to work with Nintendo.
I'm now a member of the Screen Actor's Guild!
I didn't blog.
I proctored our state standardized test at the school I work in part time.
I made a list of all the things I want to write about.
The Monsanto Protection Act passed, slipped in a Veteran's Bill.
I finally did the taxes (I love doing our taxes).
G had a Kindergarten performance and my parents were here to attend!
I'm planning a summer vacation and it does not involve NY.

I'll stop there. I'm back, I've got a lot to say, so stay tuned. I need to figure out Feedly. Boo Google killing reader!


  1. Yay! You're back! (Even though you never left.) You're a member of SAG? What? I can't wait for more details.

  2. I've been waving hi to you from down the street. But seriously, let's talk about your SAG membership! What the what? Where you recently in a production & you didn't tell me? MUST. KNOW. MORE.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!