Thursday, May 23, 2013

Staying Remarkably Present

My imagination gave me the pleasure to run wild with all the magnificent things I could do on the last full day of school. I could ride my bike up the canyon or maybe just ride my bike a mile to the trailhead and hike a trail that had been closed all summer due to the fires. Or maybe I could do a little shopping with some Mother's Day cash I received. Yes, that offer from a friend for lunch out would be perfect. There's always errands to run and I am so much more efficient with out kids in tow.


Remarkably I have stayed present lately. Today I stayed home and did housework, instead of all those fun things I listed. I organized baskets, filled a large black trash bag with clutter, and put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. I did laundry and cleaned out the refrigerator. I don't really have an explanation for my desire to be present, maybe Whole30 (speaking of, I'm on Day 27 of 30). Where has Denise gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!