Friday, May 17, 2013

Whole30 Challenge Meal Ideas Weeks 2-3

Tomorrow will mark the end of week 3 of my Whole30 Challenge. I am surprised it has gone by so quickly. I am completely thrilled with the place I have arrived in just three short weeks. I have found there is an initial knee jerk reaction when discussing food choices with people and my opportunity for discussion is limited because of that knee jerk reaction. Food is linked to lots of emotions and holding onto, which I very easily relate to. Right now I am in the WOW THIS IS AMAZING LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD stage of Whole30 and I love when I find others who want to openly talk about how they eat.

So what have I been eating? Fresh food is the simplest answer. If it comes in a package (other than say, berries) I'm not eating it. Packaged and processed foods haven't touched my lips in 20 days.

 BREAKFAST Aka Meal1:

 Yes salad for breakfast. That's one of the biggest changes I've made, craving greens at Meal1 (saying Meal1 helps avoid the common pitfalls of what your brain thinks the first meal of the day should be). Arugula, avocado, sliced almonds, raspberries, blackberries, coconut shreds. Olive oil and balsamic drizzle. My absolute favorite! 


 Greens in with my eggs, fresh salsa, avocado, and sweet potatoes. 

 Baked grapefruit, simply sprinkle with cinnamon, almonds, and shredded coconut. 400 degrees, 20 mins. Absolutely divine, I've also enjoyed it for dessert.

Simple enough, sweet pots, greens, and fresh salsa. Makes me content. 

LUNCH OR DINNER Aka Meals 2 or 3:

 Uncured ham, turkey, olives, artichokes, roasted peppers, rested on a bed of lettuce. 

Turkey meatloaf baked in cabbage leaves! My brilliant idea. 

The turkey meatloaf, green beans, salad. Notice proportion here, ALL THE VEGES, some protein. That's my favorite style. 

The Green and Grains bar from Whole Foods, the slamming deal of $4.99. I chose spinach and kale and skipped the beans and grains! Tons of veges and my favorite, cashew cream sauce. A real treat.  

 Arugula, tuna, Bubbies pickle, olives, tomato, cucumbers, olive oil, and vinegar. 

This was a left over lunch, broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach, zucchini. Watermelon and uncured turkey. 

 Spaghetti squash, local grass fed beef meatballs, tomato sauce, fresh made slaw with avocado. I've really come to dig spaghetti squash, we used it this past week in a curry as well instead of noodles. I don't miss the real thing at all. 

This was a dinner at LarkBurger in Boulder. We ordered ours bunless, with the truffle aioli as it didn't contain any dairy or things from our avoid list. Side salad, I opted for no dressing because it was either ranch or soy based (I'm not eating soy right now). 

That's a pretty good look at how I've been eating. My body has responded incredibly.

Here's a glimpse into Week 1 with more Whole30 information. 

---------------

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how well spaghetti squash replaces the real thing. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!