Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Doodle A Week

One of the tasks of my job is to maintain the weekly time sheet notebook where the part time staff record their hours. I've whittled down the list of names and finally gotten into a rhythm with the process. The jest of it is, I simply swap out of dates from the previous week to the new week with my favorite shortcut, replace. I have a strict rotation of 4 different colors of paper I print the time sheets onto. The front page of the time sheet is just a landing spot, so I have decided to fill it with something whimsical, typically a quote and a doodle. Although I don't love my printing and most weeks I turn to the internet for inspiration, I've received a wonderful response from my coworkers. Now they look forward to what the next week will bring! I've come to realize that this is a small way I can nurture those I spend my days with. I want to make my office mates smile and know I appreciate them. If a doodle does that, then I shall keep at it!

---

---