Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cinnamon In My Coffee

When I sprinkle some cinnamon on my morning coffee, it certainly is to reap the rewards of the health benefits. But, mainly I choose to participate in the ritual because it brings me closer to a friend I don't get to see often enough. Apparently, cinnamon is believed to improve cognitive function and memory, but I believe it triggers moments of happiness in my brain. The sight of the jar and aroma brings me back to her kitchen, a cup of hot freshly brewed coffee in my hands, her lifting the jar of cinnamon and sprinkling in just the right amount. The conversation just carries on.

A few health benefits of sprinkling some cinnamon in your morning coffee:
  • It can lower your LDL or bad cholesterol. 
  • Cinnamon has anti-fungal properties.
  • Cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar.
  • Helps eliminate headaches and provides migraine relief.
  • Brings back good memories (okay, that's a benefit for me).