Monday, May 26, 2014

Goodbye Knee High Socks, Hello Fresh Air

For 7 years my blog header was a photo that always contained the 3 girls of my family in knee high socks, preferably with some mountains in the background. I've decided to let go of the whimsy I once felt for socks and mountains. The view from my hike today seemed to be the best way to capture how I'm feeling about my blog.

Far too often I've been contemplating the past and future of this space. I get a nagging feeling that I need to write and then it subsides when I think about just packing it up. Truly I don't want to pack it up, I just need it to evolve and grow with me. 7 years into the blogworld experience and venturing into all forms of social media, I recognize my experience online is for me. This is most purely an outlet to express myself. I watch people tirelessly promote and write crappy content to appease brands and sponsors, hoping someone will read their soulless words in attempt to keep chasing the next brand experience. All of that has faded for me, I have no lofty goals except to keep this part of me alive. Happily I can reflect that over the past 7 years in this space, I have always held my integrity high. 

Tomorrow morning I am setting out on a long hike by myself, it's my last Tuesday of freedom before summer comes screaming in. I gaze at this peak in my backyard every single day, longing to stand on top and put my arms up, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy the breathtaking view. Tomorrow, I shall do it. 

It's a new day at Eat Play Love, I hope you'll stay (I'm staying, pinky swear).