Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Steamboat Springs, I Adore You!

A few months ago friends of ours invited us to the mountains to vacation with their family in early August and of course we eagerly accepted. Due to timing, I had to take the trip solo with the girls, so we opted for a mid week into the weekend getaway. I loaded up the car with mountain bikes, our stuff, and a cooler and hit the road for a 3 hour trip. After road tripping to southern California in July, a 3 hour car trip literally felt like a cake walk. Plus, traveling in Colorado is just as beautiful as you would imagine, the time just passes with oohs and aahs of the view out the window.

We rolled into Steamboat Springs, mid afternoon, for the first time in about three years. My first thought was, my where does the time go? I've always loved Steamboat, it's a very unique mountain town, where the locals may actually out number the tourists. In Steamboat there is no shortage of things to do. There are endless mountain bike trails, hiking trails, an alpine slide, tubing on the Yampa River which meanders through town, amazing hot spring pools, a charming downtown, Farmer's Market, and great restaurants. We seemed to dabble in a little bit of everything, we had the most relaxing time coupled with super fun adventures.

One of the highlights of our vacation was spending some quality time with our friends (our children are the same ages). We were able to hear funny stories about when they were babies, cook meals together, and the kids made some wonderful lasting summertime memories. I'm already thinking about our next trip to the 'Boat! Steamboat Springs, I adore you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!