Saturday, September 6, 2014

Inspired and Accomplished, Soulcrafting With RedCamper

There's no purer way to my heart, than giving me the opportunity to dabble. As for my heart, it walked away from one evening Soulcrafting, purring a happy rhythm. I've never really been drawn to one hobby, I like to dabble in many things from DIY home projects to sewing to jewelry making to baking to gardening to painting. I love learning new handicrafts and practical skills, but often find it difficult to self motivate or commit to month long weekly classes.

Welcome, the dreamy, Soulcrafting. Soulcrafting has done the legwork, created the contacts with  amazing local master craftspeople, and set up the easiest way to continue your journey of lifelong learning right in your backyard through their class offerings! Leatherwork, home brewing, metal crafting, jam making, cheese making, kombucha brewing, gardening, tie making, are a just a few ways to dabble with help from Soulcrafting. If there is a skill you've been longing to try your hand at, the wonderful folks over at Soulcrafting will create the experience for you. I am already dreaming up multiple ways to celebrate birthdays with friends and family! Remember I said dreamy, maybe I meant really dreamy.

A few weeks ago I was invited by Soulcrafting to join Maura from RedCamper who is the creative genius behind Deliciousness jams. I've taken a canning class before, but it paled in comparison to learning from someone that is a creative powerhouse. Three of us joined Maura in her test kitchen (aka her house) to learn how to make jam. Maura has a brilliant palate and creativity just oozes from her, sitting in her home was so inspiring. I've always felt like people's homes help tell their story and Maura's just complimented her wonderfully. Before I knew it we were elbows deep in peeling apricots, boiling, measuring, pouring, and recipe testing an apricot-rosemary-rum-jam and a apricot-cinnamon-rum-jam! The night passed too quickly and not only did I leave with a bag full of goodies, I left full with the type of joy I only find when I take time out for myself.

Here's a glimpse into our evening, pure love and gratitude:

Related links:
Gracefull Plate, Soulcrafting with RedCamper
Soulcrafting's website,  Twitter, Facebook.

My evening was provided by Soulcrafting, but my excitement was purely a product of that evening. 

1 comment:

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!