Saturday, November 1, 2014

Road Tripping With My Favorite Allies...

…Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies. It's time to leave this town, it's time to steal away. Let's go get lost, anywhere in the USA. Let's go get lost, let's go get lost. 
 -Red Hot Chili Peppers (Road Trippin)

There's something about traveling the open highways of the west that just speaks to me, speaks to my nature, speaks to my heart. The car gets loaded, I buckle up, sit back and take in the vast expanse just beyond the window. The sky meets rocky outcroppings, followed by the mountains consuming the sky, dried out plants silently calling for water to fall from clouds that aren't present, a sky blue like no other blue you've ever witnessed. The west is magnificent, full of splendor, captivating, alluring and it's just out my window. A blur sometimes, but my goal is to remain focused.

My eyes leave my handheld device for long periods which fills me with pride, I won't find anything inside a phone that will nourish my soul like nature's beauty. Faster than I anticipate, 6 hours passes and we are happily at our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!