Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winter Swept In

Winter swept in during the night and then somehow in a depressing turn of events, the sun managed to disappear for days. I sat in my chair at work looking at the tree branches swaying in the wind, blowing snow released from the branches in every direction. A dimmed orb was hiding behind the murky clouds trying desperately to break free. Packed snow turned to ice, our new normal becomes timid approaches to stop signs and holding hands to navigate the icy patches together. If one of us goes down, we all go down. Sometimes I see the light fluffy snow for it's sparkles, it's light reflecting properties, and pause to appreciate it. That pause typically turns to rapid movement indoors with a simple, yet forceful bone chilling gust of wind. The sun keeps fighting to come back. I feel like tomorrow may be the day when I'll close my eyes, turn my chin skyward, and welcome the rays back on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!