Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sit Back and Relax, Instacart Brings Whole Foods Market Directly To Your Door!

The holiday rush begins late November, once Thanksgiving is upon us it's swiftly moving straight through to Happy New Year. It's funny because we all have so many events to attend, concerts, cookie swaps, open houses, work parties, but we still need to maintain our everyday lives. Laundry, grocery shopping, bill paying, how do we make all the moving parts work or heck just coast on through?

Welcome, Instacart grocery delivery service.

The way Instacart works, there's a $10 order minimum, they set their pricing (you pay what you see on the screen and get an Instacart receipt, not one from Whole Foods), first delivery is free and then goes up to $3.99 or $5.99 depending on which option you select based on timing.

Sit back and relax in the comfort of your home and let someone else do your shopping!

I found the Instacart site to be very user friendly, shopping by category and searching items, it had everything that was on my list. The website updates in real time, telling you the order has been placed, who is out shopping for you, and when the order is complete and delivery is on its way! 


When you log into your account, it alerts you to the fastest shopping option! I placed an order on a snowy Monday evening around 8pm and it arrived by 9:30pm (I live about 15 minutes from Whole Foods Market). 


Here's a look into what your order summary looks like, the item you ordered, the size, and the price. As I mentioned, Instacart sets their pricing, I didn't find any major discrepancies between what I normally pay and I actually purchased a handful of Instacart Sale Items! You can put notes on any item, for example I ordered coffee from bulk and noted I wanted a medium roast.


Overall experience as a first time Instacart user was definitely a positive one. I received one phone call from my shopper, he couldn't find a couple of items, and wanted to make substitutions with my permission. I was a bit concerned that he didn't really know the ins and outs of Whole Foods, but definitely gave him the benefit of the doubt (I directed him to where a couple items were). His substitutions actually saved me some money. I didn't order much produce because I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to produce and I how I like to select it. The produce items I did receive, were to my liking (see, I can give up control)!

I will definitely be using Instacart again, I don't know if it would totally replace all of my shopping needs, but I can see it helping take some of the pressure off on weeks where I am overwhelmed.

I just clicked onto my Instacart page and this is what I was greeted with, some of the last items I purchased and the window of delivery. I personally like the reminders and I am definitely a creature of habit and tend to buy the same brands or items weekly!


--------------

Disclaimer, I was compensated by Whole Foods Market as an ambassador to try out the Instacart delivery service, all photos and ideas are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!