Monday, December 15, 2014

Solidify Our Vibrancy

There was something about the small white padded envelope that was stuffed into my mailbox that stirred emotion deep inside me. I recognized the handwriting on the envelope, just like I would the voice on the other end of the phone before the days of caller id. Inside the package was a birthday card full of wisdom and a rose quartz heart. Rose quartz represents love, is known to heal the heart, calm emotions, and even help to release suppressed emotions. Sitting on my couch, just in from a long day at work, the small box open, the card still in my hands, I could feel my eyes well up with tears. It was the gesture that caught me off guard, the sentiment.

Technology has graced us with so many gifts, but it's also dulled our vibrant connections. While a constant stream of text based well wishes throughout my birthday lit me up with a smile, none of them brought a rise to my heart like the white padded envelope or a voice on the other end of a call. Even a phone call is a rare gesture these days, when a text can so easily do the job, a call solidifies our vibrancy. A single day out of the entire year it's nice to be reminded of our connections, it feeds my heart and soul.

1 comment:

  1. A single day comes first . . .and more shall follow. Wonderful sentiment here.


I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!