Wednesday, January 28, 2015

LYFE Kitchen Boulder, Where Healthy Meets Fast Casual on Pearl Street!

We walked into LYFE Kitchen on Pearl Street on a chilly evening and our eyes were instantly drawn to the fresh herb tower. Within moments we were cozied up on a bench in the entryway and each reading through a menu that suited us, one gluten free, two everything, and one vegetarian/vegan. My 11 year old who is currently gluten and dairy free, not to mention refraining from pork and beef, was so excited to see an entire menu suited to her tastes! Mom, look at this and doesn't that sound awesome?!

LYFE Kitchen offers casual counter ordering through out the entire day and also table service for dinner, if you so choose. I was happy to see the counter service, especially on a school night where I am less linger more, EAT! LYFE Kitchen provides a truly well rounded menu, with something for everyone. I personally loved their flavor profiles (chimichurri vinaigrette, chipotle aioli), their stance on serving the best ingredients, and all of their meals are 600 calories or less. I had to order Art (Smith's) Unfried Chicken, pictured below. It delivered. Everyone left completely satisfied, with those meals that satiates your belly and your heart!

We also sampled the grilled artichokes, chunky guac n' chips (with house baked chips), J had the grassed burger, Sj had the chicken and avocado sandwich (GF bun), and G had the unfried chicken strips kids meal. We had that lull when our food was served, we were all too busy eating to carry on a conversation (always a great sign). Our meal was complimented with LYFE Waters (hibiscus beet, cucumber mint, orange ginger chia) which had such lovely flavor profiles and a few of them even featured chia seeds, which is a superfood that is also great for stomach health! Speaking of chia, we saved room for some vegan Budino made with chia seeds, the special flavor was chai based and I absolutely loved it. LYFE may have made a chia convert out of me, we never buy it to experiment with at home, but I'm going to seek out some recipes.

I had the pleasure to sit down with Grace, the general manager of the Pearl Street LYFE Kitchen and she gave us the background of LYFE. With the story of LYFE, we also learned some small anecdotes about Grace, her passion for food just radiated from her. I have to admit, seeing a manager greet customers, run food, bus tables, talk about life on a farm, and always wear a smile, is a special person. LYFE and our community in Boulder are fortunate to have her. LYFE (Love Your Food Everyday) was started by the former Global President and former Chief of Corporate Communications of none other than McD's, who really were driven to change the food system. Their fresh casual concept started in Palo Alto, California and has made it's way across the country. The two Colorado locations are franchise owned. The interior design was a hit with my girls, we loved the colors, the reclaimed wood on the walls and some tables. We really felt at home in LYFE Kitchen and I see it as our go to for a quick meal on an evening where an activity has us out later than we'd like and starving downtown. All too often I find us crabby from a long day and want to make good choices about how we are nourishing our bodies, LYFE Kitchen makes that easy.

LYFE Kitchen is a great addition to Pearl Street and Boulder. I look forward to making my way through the menu, next up breakfast. there's a breakfast burrito and chipotle potato hash with my name on it.

LYFE Kitchen
Price point: $4-$14, average dish $8-$10 range
1600 Pearl St
Boulder, 80302

Sunday - Thursday 8am-9pm
Friday - Saturday 8am-10pm

Disclaimer: I was invited to bring my family into LYFE Kitchen, our meal was provided for us, under no obligation to post. All words, photos, and excitement about LYFE Kitchen are my own. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!