Friday, January 30, 2015

Need Clean Eating Meal Inspiration? Let A Whole Foods Market Gift Card Help Your Journey!

February is right around the corner and there's a great chance you're looking for inspiration at this phase of your clean eating journey. There's also a decent chance, if you are anything like me, that you just realized the month of January is almost behind us and you thought you'd be making a stronger effort this year. Have no fear, put your calendar aside, and set your clean eating intentions!

No matter where you find yourself looking for inspiration, to keep going or to start your journey, you've come to the right place. I've done a few whole foods cleanses over the years, think of it as focusing on foods that would rot if left out on a counter top for a week (minus the dairy, we know dairy would spoil). If it comes in a box or a plastic wrapper, it's off my shopping list. If it appears like it did when a farmer picked it off his land, then your focus is stellar! If you have to read the label and can't decipher the ingredients, take a break from that item. Baby steps, get inspired, and build momentum from there.

Once you take your mind off of foods that you can't have and focus on the foods you can have, this rainbow filled nutrient rich food world opens up to you.


Breakfast salad? 
One of my favorite ways to enjoy greens, berries, 
almonds, avocado (healthy fats), and coconut! 

A gorgeous non-traditional tuna salad. 
The heck with a bun and mayo, a side of chips.
Load your bowl up with a bed of greens, a dash of oil, vinegar, and spices,
cucumbers, pickles (we love Bubbies), olives. So delightful and
no longing for how you've always eaten tuna. Fresh and healthy! 

We love ground turkey or chicken meat loaf in muffin tins. 
First the serving size is perfect for the girls and it cuts cooking
time in half. Meat loaf in less than 30 minutes? Say yes to muffin tins!
Today I tried the meatloaf with a cabbage leaf lining the tin and
to my surprise I loved it. I added fresh parsley, baby spinach, carrots,
bell peppers, an egg, and spices to liven up this classic dish! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a $25 Whole Foods Market Gift Card to giveaway!
To Enter:

1. A comment equals one entry, comment as much as you wish, I will transfer over Facebook comments. Please leave a valid email address if you comment as anonymous.

2. Contest will close on Sunday February 8, 2015 at 10pm MST. 

3. 1 winner will be chosen from comments by Random. Org and notified via email.

4. Address must be provided within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected, the gift card will be shipped directly by the supplier of the giveaway.  

5. Open to US residents only. 

-----------
Disclaimer, I was compensated by Whole Foods Market as a WFM Ambassador for this post and giveaway! Content is purely at my discretion. 
-------

WINNER: #8, Anna! I will be in touch!



17 comments:

  1. Carissa M- That salad looks AMAZING... Want. Now. (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie H- that looks amazing! (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie H- I would love to try Whole foods have heard good things about them! (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte H- All those fruits dancing with the avocado & greens - don't even need a dressing. (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gretchen KW- I am down with breakfast salads. I've thought about doing it before. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @iamkendall @eatplaylove interesting. i tried to comment and it isn’t taking. Acts like it but then nothing shows. via twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got me wanting to do more muffin tin cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I'm always looking for ideas to add to my Weekly Meal Plan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoAnn I'm always looking for ideas to add to my Meal Plan! I love weekly meal planning. LOVE it. (This should be my second comment...the first one is waiting for approval on your blog.) (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoAnn WHAT? That never happens on the first try! (via FB)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of chicken meat loaf in muffin tins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love shopping at Whole Foods, it makes me happy even for just wondering around the store.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... not sure if that comment got through. They're putting a Whole Foods in across the street from Trader Joes in Tacoma. I AM SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was pondering the other day, how many foods I make for my kids from scratch, that most people buy in a box. I make an amazing Mac-N-Cheese! Thanks for a chance to win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm having a birthday party on Sunday night - I was trying to come up with an interesting Salad, I may use the breakfast salad one.

    ReplyDelete