Friday, July 24, 2015

Harpoon Caught Swordfish Tacos

After returning home from two weeks in California, we inevitably had a craving for fish tacos. Truth be told, I only purchase fish from Whole Foods Market because of their Sustainable Seafood Practices and their commitment to the Marine Stewardship Council guidelines. As I approached the seafood department, some beautiful Swordfish Steaks caught my eye, so I picked up a pound for dinner. Swordfish is a delightful and firm, mild flavored white fish, which appeals to my daughters. While our normal go-to taco meat is ground turkey or chicken, I was thrilled to recreate a Southern California favorite with the swordfish. 

There's really not much preparation for the swordfish, simply marinate before grilling (see full recipe below). To compliment the quick and easy fish preparation, I also picked up the ready to go coleslaw in the produce department. The cabbage and carrots are pre-shredded on site and it comes with two containers of dressing. We are in love with a Colorado made vinaigrette called Alpine Avocado, it worked perfectly for both the marinating and the coleslaw dressing.  Within 15 minutes dinner was done. If only I had the view of the ocean in front of me, I may have called this meal absolutely perfect. 



Grilled Swordfish Tacos (Whole Foods Market Recipe link):

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks 
  • 4 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value Organic Chipotle Ranch Dressing or other spicy 
  • dressing, divided 
  • 2 cups shredded red or green cabbage, or a mix 
  • 8 soft corn tortillas, warmed 

  • Method: 
  • Prepare a grill for high-heat cooking. Brush swordfish with 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
  • Grill, turning once, until fish is browned and opaque in the center, about 6 minutes. 
  • Place on a cutting board; cut off and discard skin. Cut flesh into small cubes.

Toss cabbage with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Spoon fish into tortillas and top 

with cabbage and salsa.
Nutritional Info: 
Per Serving:410 calories (170 from fat)19g total fat3g saturated fat115mg cholesterol400mg sodium23g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber3g sugar)36g protein
-------------------------------------------

Disclaimer, I was compensated by Whole Foods Market as a WFM Ambassador for this post! Content is purely at my discretion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!