Friday, August 21, 2015

Colorado Peaches And Chilies, Eat Local And In Season with Whole Foods Market!

August is such a bountiful time of year, fortunately for us in Colorado it's peak Peach and Chile season!   Whole Foods Market is highlighting #inseason produce so we can find the freshest and most likely, locally sourced fruits and vegetables.


For the past three weeks, every time I head into the market I pick up a bag of no less than 8 peaches from the western slope and it doesn't seem to carry our family of four more than a couple of days. We've been adding peaches to crepes, plain yogurt, oatmeal, salads, sliced with cashew butter for an amazing snack, and even in a quinoa salad I made a big batch of to pack for lunches through out the week. I find they are the most perfect snack when hiking on a hot day. I often joke with cashiers that peaches should come packaged in an egg carton to protect them. I typically hand carry them out of the store to protect them from bumps and bruises on the commute home.

For more peach recipe inspiration, check out these links below!

Recipes from Whole Foods Market:
Rum Butter Glazed Grilled Peaches
Arugula Salad w/Peaches and Blue Cheese
Peach Coconut Freeze
Chicken w/Grilled Peach and Chipotle Salsa

Six Ways To Savor Peaches by In Jennie's Kitchen

-----------------------------------------
Disclaimer, I was compensated by Whole Foods Market as a WFM Ambassador for this post! Content including photos is purely at my discretion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!