Saturday, November 28, 2015

Finally, The Nutcracker Performance!

Finally our moment arrived to be an audience member for the Nutcracker performance. No more peeks at dress rehearsal, this was the real deal. There were 4 shows this weekend and I just couldn't wait to be seated, listening to the Boulder Philharmonic live, and witnessing the payoff of the countless hours of hard work the dancers have put into the production. Sitting there in Macky Auditorium, I was filled with a profound joy. A joy where your eyes well with tears and your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. After the show, all I could do was wrap my arms around my dancers and look them in the eyes and tell them how proud they made me. What a gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!