Monday, November 9, 2015

Life Without Elbows?!?

I'm leaning in on a NaBloPoMo November Prompt  to help me get over the hump! What is the first thing you do every single day (I mean, after you hit the snooze button)? 

Here's a little insight into my mornings, which honestly borders on a confessional because sometimes it's hard to believe I have fallen into this routine. Every single morning before I get out of bed, I spend some time cuddled up with my girls. Well, not always my oldest because she's too busy in the morning checking instagram or complaining that the birds are chirping, but a few times a week I demand her to join us. This morning, my 8 year old walked in my bedroom, I opened up the covers, and she climbed in. I don't even know how the conversation started, but we started talking about what life would be like if we didn't have elbows. So to hold onto the moment, I took the thought to Twitter, where I received a few hilarious responses including a video.



We spent at least 15 minutes in deep belly laughs from our elbow tangents. We ran through the gamut of inventing new utensils because eating would absolutely be the most profoundly impacted by not have elbows. There was gesturing to try out our ideas, followed by more laughter. Then the girls carried on with their morning routine, lunches packed and breakfast prepared by J, water bottles filled, sweatshirts on, backpacks stuffed, all in time for our carpool pickup! I carried on reading in bed through the hustle and bustle of the morning rush and even when the calm settled in the house, as soon as the storm door closed.


1 comment:

  1. There's a story about the difference between heaven and hell related to elbows (yep!). When people die, they have no more elbows, their arms are straight out. This makes it almost impossible to feed yourself, even though there's lots of wonderful food everywhere. In hell, you live suffering, trying to feed yourself. Heaven is where people know they can feed *each other*

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!