Friday, January 1, 2016

The Joy of December 26th

A pattern has officially developed during the year's end and the start of the new year. Everything ramps up to Christmas, a flurry of overbooked activity to accompany my general grumpiness, and then come December 26th the dust settles and zen sets in. It's in the zen I find us submersed in family time, home cooked meals and baking constantly coming from our kitchen, board games earning their rotation, and extra time spent at home just hanging out. For me, I start reading voraciously, having completed a 454 page book in a day, pulling out my sketchbook, mending some items, deep cleaning, and being inspired. I also wanted to pull out my knitting bin and see what project I can whip up. I want to keep on taking to the trails even in the cold wind and snow, considering it's not going to be tank top weather for months. The last week of break has become one of my favorite weeks of the year. I've been thinking of ways to draw out my renewed sense of self because I really don't want it to end. So this post is my little commitment to keep it going, to not let the hustle and bustle of ballet rehearsal, gymnastics, orchestra, work, and school gobble up what feeds me and makes me content. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

I always appreciate the gesture to stop and take a moment to comment. Thank you!